Sunday, March 20, 2016

Day 74: Volunteer, Beer and Lunch

This morning I went to do volunteering with Ficus PerĂº again. This time there were more students. Today's mission was a little bit different and difficult. We had to interview people in the community.      I tried to do that and my friend tried to help me but it was still too difficult for me so I asked them if I can help in a different way. Today I felt I was growing as a person. When I was in Nebraska, if there was something I couldn't do, I got depressed. I couldn't do anything. But today I could tell them that I can't help this so I want to help other things. I'm definitely changing and it lets me feel confidence. The good thing was that people there understood me and tried to help me so I really appreciate them. So I was supposed to help interviewing people but I helped making soil. Like last time, I mixed the garbage, paper and sand. Now I know how it works so I could help them more than last week.

Ailin, Camila, Diego, Maria, Me, Stacy 



After doing projects, the people in the community invited me to have some beer so I stayed with them and talked a little bit. They also gave me lunch. People in this community are so kind and loving!  Even though they are not rich and their lives are tough, they offer drinks and food. They know to share. I learned a lot from them and now I want to become a person who is kind, loving, and welcoming everybody like them. It turned out a beautiful day. Thank you all who made my day! 




No comments:

Post a Comment