Friday, March 4, 2016

Day 58: Cuzco!

I woke up at 4am for leaving for Cuzco with my class. I'm finally traveling to Cuzco and Machu Picchu. Our flight was at 10:20 by LCP.

After arriving at the airport, we went to the Prisma Cusco Hotel. The hotel is beautiful and I tried coca tea there. Coca tea helps sickness from the high altitude. I wasn't feeling too bad but I had a little bit of headache so I took an altitude pill.

After having lunch, we went to Sacsayhuman, Tambomachay and Huacaypata.

Sacsayhuman

Sacsayhuman

Sacsayhuman

Sacsayhuman

 Tambomachay

 Tambomachay

 Tambomachay
In Huacaypata, we visited the Cathedral de San Francisco. This catholic church was beautiful. It was the biggest and most beautiful church I have ever visited. I wish I could but I was not allowed to take a picture there.

Huacaypata ( Main Plaza) 

Cathedral de San Francisco


After visiting the church, it started rain. In Cuzco, it is the winter season now. The sun is strong during the day but it gets cool at night. During the winter season, it rains especially at night too.

We went back to the hotel and had dinner at the restaurant in the hotel. I shared pizza and ravioli. The pizza was good but ravioli had lamb in it so it was not our favorite. Later we went out to get some dessert. I got ice cream!

I had an amazing first day in Cuzco today. I am going to Machu Picchu tomorrow and I'm so excited for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment