Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Day 70: Visited an Elementary School

This morning I visited the community of shipiba of Cantagallo with my class. We went to an elementary school. The school was a lot smaller than I was expecting so at first I was like, is this really a school...? I was a little bit nervous but a teacher and kids welcomed us so we broke the ice very quickly. My group was consisted of 4 boys and 4 UNK students. We read a story in Shipiba and Spanish and talked about it a little bit. Later we played "Simon says". We practiced to give orders in Spanish. Then we played in the play ground that is in the middle of the school. The kids there were so friendly and adorable! I loved hanging out with them. While we were playing, two kids from my group came to talk to me and gave a wrist band saying "Eres mi cielo (You are my sky)" on it. It was so nice and sweet of them! People here are so cariƱoso (loving)! I will definitely miss these kids. Thank you boys!

Elementary School
                                      
Elementary School 

Gift from Kids

Elementary Students

No comments:

Post a Comment