Monday, March 7, 2016

Day 61: Coming Home & Post Office

I arrived at the airport in Lima, took a taxi and came home safe. I felt it was a long trip this time. Cuzco was farther than I thought and Machu Pichu also. I am glad I got to see one of the seven wonders. The landscape was breath-taking. The town in Cuzco was very different from Lima and was very beautiful. I realized how beautiful this country is again. Costa, sierra, and selva are totally different. Their landscapes, how people live and dress, and their cultures are unique. I still have to visit the selva region. I hope I can get a chance to do that.

After coming home, I had to go to the post office in Miraflores. I still think it is ridiculous that it takes 2 hours to go to the post office. In Japan, it's a 5-minute walk and in Nebraska, it's 10-minute drive. I was able to take a bus at Encalada by myself and got off at the right place. On the way to Miraflores, one guy talked to me in the bus. He was a fashion model from Russia. He has own business too. He talked to me because he likes Japanese history. At first I couldn't believe it and I thought he was going to steal my money or purse. (In Peru, you are not supposed to talk with a stranger. This is what my host family always tell me.) But I was surprised because he knew a lot of Japanese history. (He might know more than I do...) It was interesting to meet this guy because I had never talked with somebody from Russia and somebody who is a fashion model. Also, I was glad to hear he was interested in my home country. In Peru, I meet a lot of cool people. I never see a Russian or a fashion model in Japan. I enjoy meeting new people here. I wish Peru was safer though. I know it is rude not to trust people. For example, my host family told me not to help people when they come to me and ask a help because many of these people are related to mafias. They might put drug on you and kidnap. How scary it is. Also, one woman that my host mom knows was raped in a taxi. So far, I had never felt dangerous but I always have to be careful. I enjoy meeting new people, but I have to try not to get in a trouble.

At the post office, I was shocked because sending a document to Japan by EMS cost 130 soles (43 US dollars). How come it is more expensive than 2 classes of surfing. Peru is interesting because some stuffs, like fruits are extremely cheap but others, like mails are extremely expensive.

I learned a lot in one day today, and I am excited for this week! Dance classes, surfing, dance show, and beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment