Sunday, March 27, 2016

Day 81: Ficus & William's Birthday

This morning I woke up early to participate in Ficus, a volunteer group I've been helping. On the way to Las Paraderas, something surprising and scary happened. My friends and I were in a van and suddenly a lot of white smoke surrounded us. We couldn't neither see anything nor breathing. And one second after, the van crashed into another car. We didn't understand what was going on so we all get off the van and we saw a car burning. It didn't explode fortunately, but it was really scary. A few weeks ago, my surfing instructor's car was burning too. I don't understand this. Is it because the cars in Peru are used and old? Or is it just because Peru is too hot? Fortunately, nobody was injured today so everything was fine. But the van left us... they just run away so we had to take another one. Sometimes people are not nice here lol

Anyway, everything went well in Ficus and after getting things done, volunteers were invited to have beer (again) so we chilled a little bit and went to talk on the mountain. It was a little bit tough but the view was pretty. I saw some people claiming and going down the mountain to go to another town. I thought it was crazy because it looked so dangerous and what was worse, the sun was intense. I realized again that the lives of people live on the mountain are so hard.

Beer with Ficus

La Morina

After that, one couple invited us ceviche. I had to shoot a video of somebody cooking a Peruvian food for my homework so I did it there. It was very fun shooting a video and the ceviche was so delicious! Now I know how to make it so I will make it when I get back to Kearney.

Joel Cooking Ceviche

Around 7pm, I went home. I wanted to come home early because it was my host brother's birthday! I gave him a gift. I hope he liked it. His cousin and his finance came over to our place and we had pizzas together. Today I met a lot of Peruvians and I enjoyed spending time with them. Beautiful Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment