Monday, February 1, 2016

Day 26: Walking, Studying, Good Day!

Today I woke up around 5 a.m. And surprisingly, I went to walk with my host mom and a dog! I never get exercise, and I couldn’t believe somebody waking up so early to do exercise. But after I did it, I felt so good! It a little bit made me tired after going for walk, but I felt good rest of the day! Thanks, mom!

After coming back from walking, I went to the Starbucks on the campus and studied Spanish. This week I have homework, tests, presentations, and paper. They are going to keep me busy! I am enjoying my classes so far.  I have a conversation class at 4 p.m. on Monday, literature at 10 a.m. on Tuesday, grammar at 3:00 p.m. on Wednesday, and Peruvian culture at 10 a.m. on Thursday. In Peru, there is a class on Saturday too. At UNK, there are never classes on Saturday so I thought it was very different. Everything is functioning pretty much all the time. A big city is always busy!


I always wanted to talk about this, but I’ve been forgetting. In Peru, people buy gas, water, and electricity first. It is like a prepaid. One day, my family was out of gas and they were calling a company. I was surprised to know people “buy” them before using because in both Japan and the U.S., we pay after. This was one thing I learned from my family. Peru is all about interesting and different!

No comments:

Post a Comment