Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Day 27: Soccer Game in the Stadium

I went to the Stadium, el estadio Monumental. To watch a soccer game for the first time in my life! My family has a suite at the stadium, and it was…oh my god! I was so excited to be there. The stadium was huge. There were so many people, and they were all were super excited. I loved the atmosphere. And of course, I enjoyed the game too! The game was Raúr (Peru) vs.Colo colo (Chile). Both team played well. My family and I left before the game ends because of the traffic so I don’t know which team won, but I definitely enjoyed going to the stadium and watching the match. I hope I can get a chance again and next time I want my host brothers to be there too!







And when I was talking with my host dad in the car, I asked him one question. “People from South America keep both the surnames of their parents in their name but if they get married what happens? He explained everything. In Peru, one’s name is like, (name) (middle name) (dad’s family name) (mom’s family name). It does not change when a man gets married. However, when a woman gets married, her mother’s family name is dropped, and de + the family name of her husband is added. This was a little bit confusing to me because Japanese naming system is easy. (There is no middle name, and we keep only one family name (usually father’s but parents can choose which family name they give to their child). And when one gets married, either of the couple change his or her family name (usually, a woman drops her family name and add the family name of her husband). Sometimes Latin American culture is similar to Japanese one, but I also feel it is totally different. Different cultures always interest me. I love learning about different culture so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment