Saturday, February 13, 2016

Day 38: Good Bye to Mancora


Today was the last day of my staying in Mancora. This morning my friends and I walked around in Organos to find a surfing school, but we couldn’t find one so we ended up going to Mancora. After walking under the strong sun, I became sick so I chose not to do surfing this time so I hanged out with my instructors, Dubi and Pelsi on the beach. My first instructor, Dubi told me he saw a turtle in the ocean and asked me if I wanted to see so I said yes. Then he took me to the ocean with a surfing board, and we found a turtle! It was a female turtle. Dubi told me she was sick so she cannot swim. Dubi put the turtle on the surfing board to put it back to the deeper place. I surfed with a turtle! What a beautiful experience. Later we floated in the ocean and enjoyed the water. Today the ocean was so beautiful. Water was clear and the color was emerald green. The temperature was perfect. Both of my instructors were happy today because of the beautiful ocean. I really liked people’s lives there. People are happy when the ocean is beautiful. They appreciate the nature. They wake up early and enjoy the ocean. They enjoy meeting tourists from all over the world. They have very different lives than I do. I told Dubi and Pelsi that I was leaving Mancora today. Both of them said to me, “come back some day. You have home here.”  I am glad I could meet such nice people. I appreciate everything they did for me.

After my friends finished surfing, we went to a restaurant. It has a nice view of the ocean. I chose seafood for my last meal in Mancora. Calamar was so delicious. I’m going to miss seafood here.

Later my friend went to get tattoo. It was first time to see somebody was getting tattoo so it was interesting. In Mancora, there is only one tattoo place, but it does a very good job. My friend was satisfied. 

At 5:30 p.m., I left Los Organos. I am sure I will miss Mancora. I will miss friendly people, delicious food, and beautiful nature, but at the same time I don't want to leave here, I feel it’s time to go home. I miss my host family and friends there. I am ready to tell them my experience in Mancora.


No comments:

Post a Comment