Thursday, February 4, 2016

Day 29: Leaving for Mancora!

This morning I had a new challenge, going to a salon by myself. I went to Salon Emilia, which is close to Vivanda. The people there were so nice and I talked with a lot! The owner Emilia said to me “when I get another granddaughter, I will name her Yurina.” She liked my Japanese name. I was so happy to hear that, and of course, to get to know her. My manicure got done for 15 soles (about $5), and I’m ready for beach

11:45 a.m. I said good bye to my host brother and the maid Sra. Juana. Although this trip goes only for 11 days, I will definitely miss my host family. These days, I talk with my host bothers more, and I understand what they say better. The thing I would like to thank my host brothers is that they try to talk to me in Spanish even though it is faster for them talk to me in English. They speak English fluently so they can just talk to me in English. I appreciate them trying and the chances they give me. After I get back from Mancora, I want to tell them everything I did, saw, ate, and learned! I cannot wait to see my host family!

And Yes! I am leaving for Mancora for spring break. I am leaving at 1:30 by bus and arriving in Mancora after 19 hours. Around noon, I was heading to the library to meet my friends. I was carrying a huge bag. Then one guy talked to me and offered me a help. He walked me to the library. I was so surprised to see this guy because he looked a lot younger than me. I like to travel so I often go to the airport with two huge suitcases. However, nobody offers me a help in Japan. Just once in my life. It was a family who had a baby in a stroller. Sometimes we are afraid to help people. This happens to me a lot. I want to help, but I just hesitate. I was touched by the warm heart of the guy who helped me. I was happy that he helped me, but more than thant, I was touched that he offered me a help. Thank you very much! I will pay it forward!


Back to the topic, in Mancora, I will stay in the beach house for 8 nights and come back on February 14th! Almost all the students (Unfortunately, one girl cannot make it. I will miss you, Asheley!) from UNK are going so I am very happy! I have done some research about Mancora. Mancora is a beach town in northern Peru. It is best known for big waves and strong winds for surfing. The town has delicious local food including fresh seafood and fish! I am very excited! I definitely want to do surfing and eat seafood in Mancora! Also, I want to meet local people and learn about their life. I hope everything goes well and everyone gets back safe. Our journey to Mancora has just begun!

No comments:

Post a Comment