Thursday, April 14, 2016

Day 99: Shopping in Gamarra

This morning I finally went to a denist. I went one in San Isidro. The name of the clinic is Neo Medic. Dr. Cecilia was very kind. And it cost only 50 soles to treat a cavity. It's about same as Japan but compared to the United States, it's super   inexpensive! I think I will visit her again to get my teeth clean.

Today I had no class because my friends and professors are traveling to Iquitos! So I went to Gamarra with my mom. My mom likes Shopping at Gamarra and she shops a lot there. Today she was looking for gifts for those who are visiting Mauricio and Andrea for their wedding. She is such a lovely person. She likes buying gifts for her family and friends. Today I also did some good shoppongs. I got 3 long sleeve for $30. Yes! $10 each! Their qualities are pretty good too so I was super happy! I will be able to wear them in Mancora in the early morning or at night. (Can't wait!)  Gamarra is always awesome!



After that we went to a hotel because my host mom wanted to reserve a room for Mauricio and Andrea. How sweet she is! We enjoyed looking at all the beautiful rooms they have and choose one (the hotel was so gorgeous and so expensive... At least $150 per night). She made a reservation and we were so excited to tell them. 

Right after leaving the hotel, we went to Mauricio's house. Renato (Mauricio's best friend) Oran (Renato's girl friend from France) and Andrea's mom from Spain were there too (I know we are super international). My host mom gave them the gifts she bought today and everyone was so happy! This family is so loving and always make me happy. Some times they make miss my real family though. They proved "giving and loving make one more happy than being given and loved!" This is one of the lessons I got from this family. 


After that my host mom and I went to eat at Villa Chicken. 


It was delicious! I was craving for meat (not chicken) and I didn't have lunch today so this meal made me super happy. 

Tomorrow I'm going to get my nails done with Andrea and her family! It's been a while since I did last so I'm pretty excited! 


No comments:

Post a Comment