Sunday, April 10, 2016

Day 95: ¡Qué Bonito Domingo!

I had one of the best Sunday! Sunday is my favorite because I can go out with friends and family. Today was special! It was the most important day of this year because it was the Election Day! No school, no work, many shops and restaurants were closed so people can go to vote. Here in Peru, voting is obligational. If they don't go to vote, they have to pay fine. Where they live determines how much they have to pay for fine. I was expecting, traffic would be crazy today but it was opposite. Lima was like dead. It was so quiet for the first time since I came here. I didn't see many cars and people walking. People were stressed out. Voting started at 7 am and ended at 4 pm. The election system was a lot different than that in Japan.

So today what I did was helping my friend, Joel, with his homework. My another friend, Danielle helped him too. 

And then later, Joel and I went to Barranco. We decided to do adventure, walk around and take pictures. We walked so much! But also, we found many beautiful places. I enjoyed taking pictures. When I was taking pictures. I was thinking of Ashley, Stephen, and Barbara because they like taking pictures and their pictures are beautiful! I wish taht were there too. I'm pretty sure they would have enjoyed seeing the beautiful scenery. Around 3 pm, we had late lunch. We had pollo a la brasa! Yum yum! I will miss this meal after going back to Nebraska. This meal is Peruvian's favorite. I have so many memories of eating this meal with my family and friends. At 6 pm, we went to Joel's favorite spot to see the sunset. Unfortunately, the sun was covered by the cloud. But we still enjoyed laying down on the glass and talking. Then we took a bus to Miraflores and we stopped and ate picarón, Peruvian donuts at Parque Kennedy. And then we went to a coffee shop (I forgot the name but it's in front of the park). The coffee was good! I be honest, coffee tastes a lot different here and I like one in the U.S. better. I feel coffee here is decaf. I think that's why. People drink coffee at night in Peru which is not common in the U.S. At the coffee shop, we talked about many things like dreams. I'm so glad we became friends. We have so many things I common especially hobbies like surfing, photography, going for a walk! I will miss him when I leave Lima. At 10 pm we were still waking trying to catch a combi. It was a long day but I had a great day! Thank you Joel! We will meet soon!









No comments:

Post a Comment