Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Day 105: Last Day of School!

I'm done with my final exam! Woo hoo! I made it! Right after taking the exam, I headed to Miraflores because I had a surfing class for the first time in one month! I was super excited and happy. I arrived in Miraflores early so I went to the park to see the beautiful view of the ocean. Then I met a surfer guy there and he taught me about the surfing in Lima. In Lima, two currents come from the north (Hawaii) and The south (Chile). In the winter, it has a cold current from the south. In the summer, it has a warm current from the north. Actually, surfing is better in the winter Lima because the warm current can't reach in the summer. This is why a lot of surfers go to the north during the summer. It was good to know! Unfortunately I'm going to Mancora in the winter but I hope it still has good waves to surf.

When I arrived at the surfing school, for the first time in a month,  my instructor welcomed me with a joke "who is this 'white' girl? I don't know you." Since I was gone for a month, my tan faded away and he told me I look different...Do I ? Anyway I was very glad to meet all the surfing people again. I had a different instructor today and the lesson was private since there were only 3 students. He was so funny. While we were warming up, he suddenly started dancing salsa and after warming up, we just sat down and talked about each other. I think he was too lazy to give me a lesson. Haha But I enjoyed surfing so much today. The weather was incredibly nice and waves were big. The water was cold but I felt good being in the water. I can't wait to surf every day in Mancora! 




After going home, I got ready to leave for Barranco. My friends and I wanted to see the sunset near the beach. We found a very nice bar with the nice view of the ocean and the sun. We shared a bottle of  white wine. We couldn't see the sun set because of the cloud but still I had a good time.


Later we met up with other girls and went to eat wings! Yes! Wings! I was so happy because I'd been craving for it for a long time. Actually they had good wings. This place became my favorite. 



After that we went to Gringo Bar to see our professors! We had a farewell party there. I'm pretty sure I will cry and I don't want to cry now so I will write about my feeling on the very last day in Lima. Thank you very much for everything, professors and friends. Now I can't imagine my life without you all. I'll miss you all in Mancora and Ecuador. I already have a lot of memories with you in Mancora and it will make me sad but I'll try to stay happy and enjoy my adventure! Hope to see you girls tomorrow otherwise, in Nebraska for sure! 

No comments:

Post a Comment