Saturday, January 30, 2016

Day 24: Market, Lunch & Movie Theater

This morning, I woke up at 5 and got ready because my host dad was taking me to the market. The market was a lot of fun. I saw a lot of fruits that I have never seen before. Also, what surprised me most was the cheap price! 2 whole pineapples for 7 soles, 5 kg potatoes for 3.5 soles. Everything was so cheap there. I got 1kg of chia seed for 7 soles ($2). Chia seed has been popular around the world because of the nutrition it has. Chia seed is good for losing weight and skin. I think I will buy more for my family. Overall, I enjoyed walking around the market. I wish to come back some time.

















After coming back from the market, I went to eat lunch with my host mom and her nephew and his fiancé. We had pollo a la brasa, which is a grilled chicken and French fries. It was so delicious. The place was one of my host family’s favorite. After eating, I went to his nephew’s house. I found out that the nephew, Maulicio used to work for Vogue Latin American as the youngest producer ever in Vogue. And her fiancé, Andrea has done modeling. This couple is amazing! They are so talented, brave, positive, loving, and thankful! I am very happy to meet these people. Andrea and I watched a movie El Gran Pequeño, and we both enjoyed it.

Later, my host mom, Maulicio, Andrea, and I picked up my host bother and we all went to the movie theater and watched La Gran Apuesta. It was a lot of finances and economies so it was a little hard to understand the story, but it was a good experience.

It was a good Saturday! Thank you for all who made my day!



No comments:

Post a Comment