Saturday, January 9, 2016

Day 3: Miraflores


I met my friends at 10 a.m. in the campus and went to Miraflores by taxi. We negotiated with a driver and got a deal of 15 soles (about $5). One thing I like about Peru is that we can negotiate with a driver and he lets us ride in one car no matter how many people we are.

Larcomar, a mall in Miraflores is pretty and bigger than it looks like. Most of the shops are foreign brand, such as Guess and Nine West. My host parents told me everything in Miraflores is expensively I didn't buy anything. Actually, for me as a Japanese and an American college student, it wasn't expensive but it wasn't cheap either. 

The restaurants there were pretty too. We had lunch at Popular. I tried Ceviche, which is typical and popular food in Peru. It was very good and cost only 36 soles ($10.2).


Ceviche

The view from Larcomar was beautiful. I could see the beach from the terrace. 


Later we visited Parque Kennedy and saw a lot of cats. I thought it was crazy. I had never seen so many cats in one place before.


At night, I went to a family gathering with my host family and met a girl from Colombia. She made a bracelet for me. I felt people in Latin America are so friendly and seem happy! I love the people here! 



With Mariana




Gracias, Mariana! Hope to see you again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment