Monday, January 18, 2016

Day 12: Elizabeth

This morning something surprised me. The maid who quit last Friday because of her other job was in the house. I was so happy to see her again. Elizabeth is young and she cooks very well. I always liked her meal. Also, she is super nice. Even though I didn't understand what she was saying, she tried to talk to me. Today she was just here for teaching a new maid how to do things in this house. I will miss her for sure.

In Peru, it is common to have a maid in the house. It is not expensive to hire a maid. Elizabeth worked in this house for 7 years. I can't believe this because in Japan it costs $50 per hour to hire a maid so I have never seen a person who has a maid in his or her house. It is interesting to know that even middle-class people hire a maid in Peru.

I haven't talked about my host family so I will introduce my host family here.

My host dad has there jobs. He is an accountant, investor, and Uber driver. He works hard for his family. Even though he is busy, he always seems happy. He likes to talk with people. In the future, I want to be like him.

My host mom does importing so she can speak English a little bit. She likes music, nature, making a bracelet and running. In the morning, she goes to run at 5 am. She is super healthy. And she takes an electronic organ class. She is very active so she goes to see her nephew even during the week after finishing her work at 8:00. She keeps everything clean and organized. She is an ideal mother.

My host brother is a UPC student studying accounting. He is 19 years old. He is big! He is 190cm tall . He likes to work out so he goes to the gym every day. He has been working out for two years. Also, he is on a special diet so he eats 15 boiled eggs (only white part though). His interest is investment. He stays up until the morning and study about investment. He speaks English fluently so he helps me a lot.

My another host brother is 18 years old. He is going to study nutrition at UPC Vella. He also goes to the gym 5 times per week and is on a special diet. He istall too! Around 180 I think. He likes to be in te bed surfing Internet. Shopping, drinking, and playing soccer are not his interest. He has his own business at the age of 18! 

This family is super cool! So healthy and smart! I will be able to change my lifestyle by living with this family. I am already getting used to wake up around 6 am! 

No comments:

Post a Comment