Thursday, January 7, 2016

Day 1: First Meal & New Discovery

I had the first meal in Peru. In Peru, people drink a lot of fruit juice. They are so delicious and healthy! It's good food and drink are cheap. And there are varieties of fruits here and it's fun to choose fruits for juice.

Arroz con pollo (Rice with chicken) 

Also, I have discovered more differences between Peru and Japan/US other than food.

Bath tissue - We can't flush bath tissue in toilet. There is a trash can in the bathroom so we throw the paper in there.

Shower - Shower is cold here. We can change temperature but the hottest temperature is still cold to me.

Shoes - My host mother told me to wear shoes in the house. It's same in America but I always take off my shoes while I'm home so I sometimes forget to wear.

Some of these are hard to get used to for me, but I hope I learn early. 

At night my host mom took me to the Jockey Plaza, which is a big mall near my apartment. I tried to get a SIM card for my iPhone at Movistar, but they said my phone wouldn't work. So I have decided to wait until I get advice from my friend. 

We walked around the mall, and I found out there were so many foreign brands (actually 90% was foreign brand). The price was not that bad, but I think it was not a good deal either. 

After shopping around the mall, I went to eat dinner with my host mom and dad. We had chickens, saladas, and french fries. 































I feel the food at restaurant is huge in Peru! Bigger than in America. We were three of us, but we didn't finish all. So my advice is to order less food than you think you can eat. 

Overall, my first day went well! 

No comments:

Post a Comment