Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Day 0: Leaving For Peru

It is 9:30 a.m. on January 6. I am at Chicago O'Hare Airport waiting for next flight to Huston. I've been nervous for a while even though I have done studying abroad three times in the past. This is because I have studied Spanish only for 2 years and I am not confident enough to make a conversation with native speakers. But I will try to believe in myself and have a lot of new experience  and fun!

I hope to everyone arrives in Lima safe. 13 more hours to go!


At 11:30 p.m. in airport 

11 hours flight. 22 hours travel in total.
It was a long day but we all finally arrived in Lima, Peru. The adventure of 11 girls has officially begun! 

The flight was 1.5 hours from Omaha to Chicago, 3 hours from Chicago to Houston, and 6.5 hours from Houston to Lima. 


At 12:00

I finall met my host family. Father, mother, and host brother was here to pick me up. We went to Cuatro Estación to drink fruits juice. Lúcuma con leche was so good! 



And I already like my host family! They are so nice and fun. They like to talk and show me their interest in me. I am so happy I could come to Peru and meet such nice people! 



2 comments:

  1. Yurina! Glad to hear that everything is going great so far. I will keep reading your blog! I should have started my own blog when I was in Japan, oh well, next time! By the way, the black text is hard to read against the dark background. :) - Josue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Josue,

    Thank you for your comment. I fixed the color! And I will try to make my blog fun. Hope you enjoy reading my blog.

    ReplyDelete