Thursday, January 28, 2016

Day 22: Jockey Plaza

Today I didn't have a class so I went to the Jockey Plaza to hang out with my friends. My friends were already there so I needed to go there by myself. First I went to UPC and tried to find a bus. However, I didn't see any bus going to the Jockey Plaza so I asked people how I can get there. They told me there was no bus that directly goes to the Jockey Plaza. So I took a bust and told a driver I want to go to the Jockey Plaza so he can tell me when I need to get off. I had to get off at Vivanda and it cost only 0.50 soles. When I got off at Vivanda, I had no idea where I can find a bus. There was a bus stop, but I didn't see any bus there so I decided to walk a little bit. Then a bus driver talked to me "Jockey!" Yes! I found a bus to the mall. The bus is not a big bus that Japanese people normally expects. (I have never taken a bus in Nebraska so I don't know how it looks to Americans). But everything was fine. Now I think this bus is s convenient because I can get on anywhere I want. There  is no specific bus stop. A driver just keeps shouting the name of the destination and people get on. From Vivanda to the jockey Plaza, it cost only 1 soles. Public transportations are very cheap in Lima, and I like that!



At the Jockey Plaza, I did some shopping at H&M and supermarket. I got pareo, swimwear, and body lotion. I also got sunscreen of 236 ml and SPF 50! It was just 17 soles. In Peru, sunscreens are very expensive so make sure you bring a lot. You will need more than you think.

Today I had adventure and successful shopping!

3 weeks has already passed since I came to Peru. These days, I often get bored when I am not doing anything. I am tired of being in my room and doing nothing. My host brothers don't like to talk and go out, and I don't have many friends here so I literally have nothing to do. I am tired of sleeping or watching Youtube. It's definitely time to take actions. Next week, I will try something new. Maybe I will go to a coffee shop and talk to somebody or maybe at the library. I challenge myself to try a new thing next week! That is my goal, and I will do it!

2 comments:

  1. You sound like me when I was in Japan! At the beginning, I would often stay in my room or wake up late and not do anything. Later on, I decided to also take action and start exploring. I think the reason I would lack the motivation to go out sometimes was because I was alone, and I didn't want to go out alone. I would often lack the courage to go inside some delicious looking restaurant simply because I was alone, and I knew I would not be able to communicate with anyone there. Stay strong!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment, Josue. I understand how you felt in Japan now. I have many things I want to try, but not by myself. I will try to stay strong! Thank you Josue!

    ReplyDelete