Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Day 6: Long Day


I had a class this morning from 10 a.m. to 1.pm. It was Peruvian Literature. We learned what basically literature is. I am pretty sure this class would be the hardest one this semester.

At 3:00 p.m. we had an activity which is part of the class. We watched three short movies about gender and had discussions. Peru is a conservative country and people are not open to homosexual. I felt the situation was similar to Japan. In Japan, we do not want to talk about this issue and men still have more power than women do. It was interesting to know about this issue.

After the activity, all students and professors went to Papachos in El Polo together to eat. I was not feeling well so I just got a sandwich. What surprised to us was that they had Ranch. In Peru it is hard to find Ranch. They had ketchup but it tasted totally different from that in the U.S. To be honest, I did not like the ketchup there.

Today was really a long day. I had a lot of things in one day, but one thing I can say for sure is I love Peru already!

No comments:

Post a Comment