Friday, January 15, 2016

Day 9: Trip to Matucana

My class went to Matucana to see the waterfall today. It took 2 hours and half to get there by bus. In Matucana, we had to pay 50 soles to use a bathroom. Also, the person there gave me only a little bit of bath tissue so make sure you bring a coin and tissue when you go to Marucana.

From the town to the waterfall, it took 2 hours by walk. The hills are steep and slippery so I almost fell down many times. And it was a lot colder than I was expecting so I suggest that you wear a sneaker and bring a jacket, and maybe a lot of snacks. 

In Matucana, we talked about the problem of Peruvians. The tour guide said Peruvians have low self-esteem because they don't take care of the place. They throw trash away and paint the wall. I saw the similarity to Japanese here. In Japan, we have Mt. Fuji, which is a famous and popular destination for tourists. However, Japanese people throw away a lot of trash including old TVs, shelves, bedding sets, and so on. We have been trying to solve this problem but it will take a lot of time and effort to clean the mountain. Before it's too late, Matucana needs to find a solution. 

Overall, this trip needed a lot of walking but I enjoyed the trip so much! 




No comments:

Post a Comment