Saturday, January 23, 2016

Day 17: El Centro de Lima y Gamarra

I went to the downtown of Lima and Gamarra with my host mom. We were shopping at first but found a bus to the Cerro San Cristobal so we decided to go there. The bus had 2 floors so we took a seat on the second floor. It was a little bit scary because we were climbing a mountain and the driver was driving pretty fast! But the view was amazing. I really recommend to visit there if you have a chance. The bus cost only 9 soles ($3). 




Later we had lunch at the restaurant and tried a Peruvian food, Causa. It is made of mushed potato and looks yellow. It is one of my favorite Peruvian food. 



Later we shopped around the downtown and went to another restaurant, Arakaki. I tried soup there. I think this restaurant is Japanese because of the name of the restaurant and soup. They had a really good soup there. 




In Gamarra, there were so many people, and so many sellers on the street. They are called ambulantes. My host mom told me that ambulantes are banned, but there are too many to control. 


Here I bought a dress and two sandals. Here everything is so cheap. The dress was just 50 soles ($16) and two sandals were 115 soles ($38). 

Also, I tried massage for 5 soles. I thought it was strange to get massage on the street because people can see me. But it was a good experience and what is more, it's super cheap! Less that $2! 

Since the downtown of Lima is large and we didn't have enough time to visit more places (even though we were there for 11 hours), I want to come back! 

Good Saturday shopping! Thank you, mom!


No comments:

Post a Comment