Monday, May 2, 2016

Another Adventure in Ecuador Day 1

I left Mancora at 11:30pm for Cuenca, Ecuador. I used Supersemeria. It cost 58 soles. This bus had free wifi and it worked well (maybe because most of the passengers were sleeping). I arrived at the border around 1am. Actually, immigration and emigration was super simple. The counter was next to each other and they just asked me how long I'm going to stay. There was nothing to worry about. And I arrived in Cuenca around 7am. This was a problem because I tried to find a cafe because usually cafe opens early. However, nothing was open. Also, there was no place I could use wifi. I mean there are free-wifi zones but none worked. So I just walked around the downtown. From the bus terminal (terminal terrestre), I took a taxi. In Ecuador, taxi system is organized. All of the taxies are yellow and their number plates are orange. Also, inside the car, there are two cameras, one in front of the back seat and one for a driver. They use meter here and it starts from $0.50. But sometimes drivers didn't care meter and they just gave me a price. You already might have noticed but in Ecuador, they use US dollars. How wired it is. In Cuenca, everything is a little bit more expensive in Peru. For example, a bottle of water in Peru is less than 30 cents but here it's 50 cents. But still everything is cheap! In the morning, I took a city bus tour from Curnca City 360 and it cost only 8 dollars for 3 hours. I got to visit Mirador Turi and Homero Ortega. Mirador Turi had a beautiful view of all Cuenca. We stopped by a nice souvenir shop. Homero Ortega is a museum and workshop of hats. Ecuador is famous for hats, which I didn't know. When you visit Cuenca, this is a must place to visit. Later, I went to a famous and popular coffee shop, Goza. This place was very nice and fancy. Also, surprisingly everything was economic there. I got a chocolate cake and espresso and cost only 5 dollars. This place had a best espresso ever. There were so many varieties of drinks. I finally could get wifi there so I reserved a hostel. For the first time, I planned nothing for this trip even though I always plan so well. This time I just bought a one-way bus ticket and that was it. "Go with the flow" was my plan. So at the coffee shop, I booked a hostel and headed there right away because I was exhausted. To be honest, I slept through in the tour bus (Oops!) I chose the hostel that was close to the coffee shop. The room was mixed dorm 4 bed room but fortunately there was only one girl staying there and I didn't even see her because she left while I was sleeping. So rest of the staying, I was by myself in the room. I think you won't believe this but one night costs only $5 at this hostel and breakfast and wifi included. Both the hotel and room were clean enough. I'm glad I chose this place! And this is pretty much of my first day in Ecuador. Tomorrow I'll visit Ingsprica, which is Inca Ruins!

No comments:

Post a Comment